- Trail Description:
- Road (maintained), Trail (ORV)
- Best During:
- July to October
- Trip Distance:
- 16 miles
- Ride Time:
- 4 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- 1,800 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Elevation 2,200 feet. Follow road #200 uphill. Ignore a more primitive road branching off to the right in about 1/2 mile.
- Turn right onto road #400 heading straight uphill.
- Road #400 runs into a "T" intersection with road #6104. Turn left onto #6104.
- Road #6104 dead ends at the Alder Ridge Trail (elevation 4,000). From here the trail heads up or down. If you have the energy you can ride uphill for 6 more miles and then take two lefts and you'll be at Mad Lake. If you aren't up for the challenge then find the trail heading down into the trees.
- Trail temporarily turns into a road and then back to trail.
- Cross a road and continue decending on trail.
- Cross road #6209 and continue decending on trail.
- Alder Ridge Trail ends. Turn left onto Lower Chiwawa River ORV Trail. This trail has plenty of ups and downs. If you are feeling drained you can bail out onto road #62 and ride it back to Goose Creek Campground.
- Trail reaches your car in Goose Creek Campground. If you still didn't get enough riding in you can follow this ORV trail down to Deep Creek Campground for another 3.3 miles and then ride back up paved road #62.
Lake Wenatchee Ranger Station
Star Route Box 109
Leavenworth, WA 98826
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - Alder Ridge Ride Summary
This loop takes advantage of the extensive ORV trail system networked throughout the Lake Wenatchee area. Following the logging roads up 1,800 feet and then either continue climbing on trail, or decend back down on trail. Unfortunately logging operations have wiped out a portion of Alder Ridge trail as you decend from road 6104. Plenty of untouched single track still makes this a ride that you don't want to pass up.
Directions To Trailhead
Drive Hwy 2 to Coles Corner (about 20 miles east of Stevens Pass) and turn north onto Hwy 207 heading for Lake Wenatchee. In about 5 miles from Hwy 2 you will cross the Wenatchee River Bridge. Just after crossing the bridge the road will fork. Take the right fork. In about 1.3 miles turn left on Chiwawa Road. Follow this road for 3.5 miles then turn right on road #6100. In 3/4 of a mile reach the Goose Creek Campground. Park here.
Back to the Trails Page