- Trail Description:
- Trail (ORV)
- Best During:
- July to October
- Trip Distance:
- 14 miles
- Ride Time:
- 4 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- 3,450 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Trailhead elevation 4,750 feet.
- The trail divides after crossing Crater Creek. Take the left fork continueing towards Eagle Lakes.
- Take a second to enjoy the views from the granite benches at this lookout.
- Pass Upper Eagle Lake trail on the right.
- Pass Lower Eagle Lake trail on the left.
- Highest point of ride. Horsehead pass (elevation 7,600 feet). Decend 600 feet to Boiling Lake or make this your turn around point if you aren't up for climbing back up the hill.
- Reach Boiling Lake (7,000 feet). The trail continues heading west branching out into a network of trails that decend towards Lake Chelan. Unless you have camping gear and a quality map, make this your turn around point.
Twisp Ranger Station
P.O. Box 188
Twisp, WA 98856
Winthrop Ranger Station
P.O. Box 579
Winthrop, WA 98862
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - Boiling Lake Trail Ride Summary
This out-and-back ride is entirely on Off Road Vehicle (ORV) trail. The trail is smooth and wide and includes banked turns for your enjoyment. On the way up enjoy mountain scenery ranging from lakes to meadows to granite peaks. The diversity of the scenery is matched by those that come to pay tribute to it. Expect to share this trail with motorcycles, hikers and horses.
Directions To Trailhead
Drive Hwy 153 to Gold Creek road (about 20 miles south of Twisp or 18 miles north of Pateros). Follow Gold Creek road for 1 mile then turn onto Forest Road #4340 heading west. Stay on #4340 for 6.7 miles then turn left on Spur Road #300. Drive on road #300 for 4.4 miles until you reach the Eagle Lake trailhead. Park.
Back to the Trails Page