- Trail Description:
- Road (maintained), Trail (ORV-rough in sections)
- Best During:
- July to October
- Trip Distance:
- 17.5 miles
- Ride Time:
- 4 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- 2,500 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Elevation 2,800 feet. Head back down road #1902 and cross Crow Creek.
- Turn right heading up road #1920.
- Trail crosses road. This is where you will come out in a few hours.
- Reach West Quartz Creek Trail. The trail climbs to the left and decends to the right (West Quartz Creek ride). Turn left heading up on Trail.
- Trail crosses road. Pick up trail on other side and continue to climb.
- West Quartz Creek Trail ends in a "T" intersection with Fifes Ridge Trail. The trail to the right leads to views of Fifes Peak. Turn left instead and start heading downhill.
- Trail crosses a road. Continue decending on the other side.
- Trail is temporarily replaced by road. Head down on road. You'll pick up the trail in a couple of miles.
- Road joins another road. Turn left and pick up the trail in a few feet.
- Trail crosses #1920. Continue on trail.
- Cross road and continue on trail.
- Trail divides. Stay to the left.
- Trail ends at road #1922. Go left for a few feet and continue decending on West Quartz Creek Trail.
- Trail forks. Go right heading uphill.
- Reach car on road #1902.
Naches Ranger Station
10061 Hwy 12
Naches, WA 98937
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - Fife's Ridge Ride Summary
This rugged loop offers excellent views including Mount Rainier and Goat Peak. The ride up is on 8.5 miles of well maintained road and 1 mile of trail. The decent is almost entirely on trail. The trail follows Fifes ridge as it decends to Little Naches River.
Directions To Trailhead
Drive Hwy 410 23.5 miles east of Chinook Pass. Turn left onto Little Naches Road and drive for 2.7 miles. Turn left on road #1902 and drive for .8 miles and park at the West Quartz Creek trailhead.
Back to the Trails Page