- Trail Description:
- Trail (ORV)
- Best During:
- April to November
- Trip Distance:
- 8.1 miles
- Ride Time:
- 2 to 3 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- 860 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Moderate to Skilled
- Trailhead elevation 1,800 feet. The trail starts by climbing fairly steeply for the first mile.
- Trail forks. Stay left. You will return on the trail to the right.
- Trail forks. Stay right heading uphill.
- Pass trail on the right. Stay left heading uphill.
- Highest point of ride 2,500 feet. Trail forks, stay right. The trail to the left goes for .6 miles where it ends at a logging road. Make this side trip to add 1.2 miles to your ride.
- Pass trail on right and continue decending.
- Recognize this intersection? You should as you were here 6.3 miles ago. Stay right and continue decending towards the car. If you are doing a second loop then turn right heading uphill and follow the log from mile 0.9.
- Trail ends at the road.
Department of Natural Resources
Olympic Area Office
Route 1, Box 1375
Forks, WA 98331
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - The Foothills Ride Summary
While this mini loop may seem short, it does offer as much, or more, trail riding than many larger rides. If you have plenty of time and energy to spare then ride it twice.
Directions To Trailhead
Drive to Port Angeles on Hwy 101. Once in town turn left on Race Street. The road divides in about one mile. Stay right on the "Heart O' The Hills" road. Continue for about five miles and then turn right on Lake Dawn road and in a 1/4 mile right again on Little River road. In three miles turn right on logging road H1000. In .8 miles reach The Foothills trailhead. Find a convenient parking spot.
Back to the Trails Page