- Trail Description:
- Road (maintained), Trail (ORV)
- Best During:
- July to October
- Trip Distance:
- 24.5 miles
- Ride Time:
- 5 to 6 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- 3,000 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Elevation 2,700 feet. Start riding uphill on road 3330.
- Road #3330 runs into road #3120. Turn right onto #3120 and decend for couple of miles (lose about 300 feet).
- Road starts to climb again.
- Road 3120 runs into 3100. Turn right riding up a steep hill.
- Find road 123 climbing uphill.
- Reach a clear cut. This part of the ride requires some route finding. Where road divides go right. When road ends you'll have to climb over some logs and brush. On the other side find a trail that climbs steeply to the summit.
- Reach the summit (elevation 5,740). Enjoy the views during your well deserved lunch. When done find the trail that decends to the left heading NE.
- Trail splits. Stay right. It is easy to miss this right turn as you will probably be well into your zone. Take extra precaution not to miss this turn though, unless you want to add another hour onto your ride.
- Trail ends. Stay right on trail 1366.
- Reach the South Fork Taneum Trail #1367. Turn right
- Trail ends at the South Fork Meadow. Find the road and the other end.
- Reach road #3300. Go right following the obvious road back to road #33.
- Reach road #33. Go right.
- Reach road #3330. Turn right and decend to your car.
Cle Elum Ranger Station
P.O. Box 51
803 West 2nd Street
Cle Elum, WA 98922
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - Frost Mountain Ride Summary
If you enjoy long climbs up to scenic mountain tops then this ride is for you. 14 miles of road make a gradual climb to the summit of Frost Mountain where you will enjoy incredible views of the Stuart Range and beyond. After your scenic lunch break enjoy 5.5 miles of trail as you decend back down to your car.
Directions To Trailhead
Heading East on I-90 take exit #93 (about 10 miles east of Cle Elum). Turn left going over the freeway and then turn right onto Thorp Prairie road which parallels I-90. In 2.5 miles turn right onto another Hwy overpass. Stay right following Taneum Road (#32) west for 8.8 miles. Turn left on road #3330 and decend down to Taneum Creek and find a parking spot.
Back to the Trails Page