- Trail Description:
- Road (maintained), Trail (ORV)
- Best During:
- June to October
- Trip Distance:
- 10 miles
- Ride Time:
- 3 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- 1,700 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Elevation 4,000 feet. Continue on up road #3300. In a short distance stay right as the road forks continuing up #3300. Cross the North Fork Taneum Creek and then pass by the North Fork Taneum Trail as it crosses the road. The trail to left is where you will come out in few hours.
- Go left on a spur road leaving #3300 before it crosses to the other side of the valley.
- Go left at another intersection.
- Find Granite Creek Trail #1326. The trail starts by climbing for a short distance and then levels out.
- Reach Windy Pass. Follow the trail that heads to the left (North Fork Taneum Trail #1377).
- The trail starts to climb.
- Pass trail #1377A on the right.
- Reach road #3300 and ride back to the car. If you plan it right and arrange for transportation back at road #33, then you can continue decending on trail #1377. In about 2.8 miles from #3300 you will reach a junction with Fishhook Flats Trail. Continue down the North Fork Taneum Trail #1377 following the Taneum Creek Trail Log from mile 7.3.
Cle Elum Ranger Station
P.O. Box 51
803 West 2nd Street
Cle Elum, WA 98922
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - Lookout Mountain Ride Summary
This loop makes its way around Lookout Mountain and out to Windy Pass. Ride out is on well maintained road. Return on ORV trail that is fast and furious as it makes its way back down to the gate where you parked.
Directions To Trailhead
Heading East on I-90 take exit #93 (about 10 miles east of Cle Elum). Turn left going over the freeway and then turn right onto Thorp Prairie road which parallels I-90. In 2.5 miles turn right onto another Hwy overpass. Stay right following Taneum Road (#32) west for 10.5 miles to a 3-way intersection. Turn left on road #3300 and continue up the road for 11 miles until you reach a gate. Park here.
Back to the Trails Page