- Trail Description:
- Road (rough), Trail (ORV - rough at times)
- Best During:
- July to October
- Trip Distance:
- 12.5 miles
- Ride Time:
- 3 to 4 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- 2,100 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Elevation 4,300 feet. Head back out to road #8200.
- Turn left back onto road #8200.
- Reach the South Navarre Campground (elevation 6,400 feet). Look for Summit Trail #1259 to the left.
- Safety Harbor Creek Trail decends to the left. If you are going to ride the Uno Peak Trail this is where you would continue heading North on Summit Trail. To ride Safety Harbor Creek Trail decend to the left.
- Safety Harbor Creek Trail runs into an old aqueduct road. Go left where you will traverse the hillside all the way back to the trailehead.
- Reach the parking area where you left your car.
Chelan Ranger Station
P.O. Box 189
428 West Woodin Ave.
Chelan, WA 98816
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - Safety Harbor Creek Ride Summary
Although it is not easy to get to this trailhead the pay off is two great loops that offer technical single track and great views. Because of the difficulty getting here, you may want to spend the night camping and do both this ride and the Uno Peak Trail.
Directions To Trailhead
From Chelan drive State Route 150 along the North East shore of Lake Chelan until you get to the town of Manson (about 7 miles). At the far end of town turn right onto Grade Creek Road heading towards "Antilon Lake". This road turns into road 8200 where the pavement ends and the gravel begins. At this point drive for 23 miles as the road winds its way North. Turn left on spur #155. Drive on 155 for 1.2 miles to the Safety Harbor Creek trailhead.
Back to the Trails Page