- Trail Description:
- Trail (technical)
- Best During:
- April to November
- Trip Distance:
- 11 miles
- Ride Time:
- 2 to 4 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- about 600 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Find the trailhead on the north side of road #7160 (near the bridge). Trailhead elevation 2,600 feet. The trail will waste no time getting technical so you may want to warm up a little where you parked.
- Trail joins from the left. Stay to the right.
- Trail crosses Buck Creek. Cross the bridge and then turn left heading uphill.
- Trail divides. Stay right.
- Bridge crosses Skookum Creek. Can you here the falls? If it is late summer, probably not.
- Reach a jeep road. Cross road and find trail on other side. Continue on to a 2nd road following it until you find the trail heading off to the right. If you get lost in this section don't worry. Just keep heading north whichever way looks best and you will make it out to road #73.
- Trail emerges onto road #73. At this point you can either turn around and head back the way you came or head back on Hwy 410 for 5.1 miles back to Buck Creek road #7160.
White River Ranger Station
857 Roosevelt Avenue E.
Enumclaw, WA 98022
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - Skookum Flats Ride Summary
This classic ride has long been a favorite testing ground for mountain bikers. The 11 mile out-and-back Skookum Flats trail is the perfect training ground for the novice biker looking to improve, or for the experienced biker attempting to "clean" the toughest sections.