- Trail Description:
- Road (maintained), Trail (ORV)
- Best During:
- July to October
- Trip Distance:
- 16.2 miles
- Ride Time:
- 4 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- 1,800 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Elevation 4,200 feet. The ride starts by climbing up a steep jeep road.
- Reach two trails. Turn left heading west on Boundary Way Trail #1 for approximately 6.8 miles. The trail to the right heads up to Council Bluff Lookout. Save this for an end of the ride side trip if you have the energy.
- Turn left onto Summit Prairie Trail #2 and climb for a short distance up to the lookout.
- Reach lookout (elevation 5,238). Enjoy lunch from this view point and then head back the way you came.
Randle Ranger Station
3068 Hwy 12
Randle, WA 98361
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - Summit Prairie Ride Summary
This out-and-back ride follows the first 8 miles of the Boundary Trail #1. For those feeling more adventurous, this trail continues on for 23.6 more miles where it reaches Spirit Lake just north of Mt. St. Helens. If your not exactly in the mood, or prepared, for some backcountry adventuring then the 5,238 foot Summit Prairie Lookout will make a suitable turn around point.