- Trail Description:
- Road (maintained), Trail (ORV)
- Best During:
- July to October
- Trip Distance:
- 13.8 miles
- Ride Time:
- 3 to 4 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- 1,400 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Elevation 2,800 feet. Ride up road #3300 staying on the main road.
- Turn right on Fishhook Flats trail #1378. Go right decending down the well maintained ORV trail.
- Fishhook Flats Trail reaches North Fork Taneum Creek Trail. Turn right onto this trail.
- Continue on trail as it crosses road.
- Trail turns into a rough road. Go right heading downhill.
- Turn right onto a short trail that decends to road #33. Ride road #33 back to road #3300.
- Find your car at the Taneum Junction Camp.
Cle Elum Ranger Station
P.O. Box 51
803 West 2nd Street
Cle Elum, WA 98922
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - Taneum Creek Ride Ride Summary
The Taneum Creek ride takes advantage of the network of ORV trails and fire roads in the area by climbing on 5 miles of well graded road and then decending on 8.6 miles of single track. The first 2.5 miles of trail are on fast ORV single track with banked corners. The next section of trail is more technical as you will cross the North Fork of the Taneum Creek many times. Watch your speed as you come out of the creek crossings as the water will significantly reduce your braking power.
Directions To Trailhead
Heading East on I-90 take exit #93 (about 10 miles east of Cle Elum). Turn left going over the freeway and then turn right onto Thorp Prairie road which parallels I-90. In 2.5 miles turn right onto another Hwy overpass. Stay right following Taneum Road (#32) west for 10.5 miles to a 3-way intersection. Turn left on road #3300 and park at the Taneum Junction Camp.
Back to the Trails Page