- Trail Description:
- Road (rough), Trail (ORV - rough & steep at times)
- Best During:
- July to October
- Trip Distance:
- 19.2 miles
- Ride Time:
- 5 to 6 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- 4,000 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Elevation 4,300 feet. Head back out to road #8200.
- Turn left back onto road #8200.
- Reach the South Navarre Campground (elevation 6,400 feet). Look for Summit Trail #1259 to the left.
- Safety Harbor Creek Trail decends to the left. If you plan to continue on with the Uno Peak ride stay right and start to climb up Summit Trail (elevation 5,500 feet). If your starting to feel a little tired then you better turn left and and follow the Safety Harbor Creek Trail Log from mile 7.8.
- Turn left onto Uno Peak Trail. The summit Trail continues heading north for 7 more miles where it eventually reaches Boiling Lake. Turn left and continue to climb.
- Junction with the East Fork Prince Creek Trail. This is the highpoint of the ride (elevation 7,300 feet). Enjoy the views, catch your breath and then continue straight (south) on the Uno Peak Trail.
- Cross Safety Harbor Creek.
- Reach the Safety Harbor Creek Trail. Turn right and traverse the mountainside on an old aqueduct road.
- Reach the parking area at the Safety Harbor Creek Trailhead.
Chelan Ranger Station
P.O. Box 189
428 West Woodin Ave.
Chelan, WA 98816
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - Uno Peak Ride Summary
The Uno Peak and Safety Harbor Creek loops both start from the same place and follow the same route for the first 7.8 miles. Because of the difficulty getting here by car you may want to camp and try both rides while you are here. Even if you decide to do just one of these rides though, you'll be glad you made the trip.
Directions To Trailhead
From Chelan drive State Route 150 along the North East shore of Lake Chelan until you get to the town of Manson (about 7 miles). At the far end of town turn right onto Grade Creek Road heading towards "Antilon Lake". This road turns into road 8200 where the pavement ends and the gravel begins. At this point drive for 23 miles as the road winds its way North. Turn left on spur #155. Drive on 155 for 1.2 miles to the Safety Harbor Creek trailhead.
Back to the Trails Page