- Trail Description:
- Road (maintained), Trail (ORV-some sandy sections)
- Best During:
- July to October
- Trip Distance:
- 14.1 miles
- Ride Time:
- 3 to 4 hours
- Elevation Gain:
- 1,900 feet
- Overall Rating:
- Elevation 2,800 feet. Head back down road #1902 and cross Crow Creek.
- Turn right heading up road #1920.
- Trail crosses road. This is where you will come out in a few hours.
- Reach West Quartz Creek Trail. At this point you can still do Fifes Ridge ride which climbs to the left. For the West Quartz Creek ride turn right heading down on trail.
- Trail crosses road #1922. Continue decending on trail.
- Trail forks. Stay right heading uphill.
- Reach car on road #1902
Naches Ranger Station
10061 Hwy 12
Naches, WA 98937
Mountain Bike Resource - Trails - West Quartz Ride Summary
This loop follows the same road up as does the Fifes Ridge ride. Where Fifes Ridge continues to climb this ride starts its decent. This allows you to wait until 8 1/2 miles into the ride to decide which ride to do. The main difference between the two is that Fifes Ridge climbs another 600 feet on trail and offers great views. If you are camping at the Crow Creek Campground then you may want to do both rides, or pick one and ride the nearby Sand Creek Trail the following day.
Directions To Trailhead
Drive Hwy 410 23.5 miles east of Chinook Pass. Turn left onto Little Naches Road and drive for 2.7 miles. Turn left on road #1902 and drive for .8 miles and park at the West Quartz Creek trailhead.
Back to the Trails Page